Monday, August 23, 2010

poked stars


if vision is the only validation then most of my life isn't real (black&gold)


Sometime when there's a full moon, or at least a very sizable sliver, you should try very hard to imagine this:


Stars are just pinpricks into REALITY-- glittering eternity. The moon is our best peek because a thumb poked through the black canvas, revealing what's really out there.


Of course, if I really believed that the stars were holes, then they couldn't sing, and I love that the stars sing (read Job. or just look at them).
But it bends my mind just enough to remember that there's such a deeper, firmer, MORE bodily reality than we can comprehend.


sing to me of the song of the stars
of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again
when it feels like my dreams are so far
sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again

so i lay my head back down
and i lift my hands and pray
to be only yours,
i pray
to be only yours

i know now you're my

only


hope

No comments:

Post a Comment