Friday, June 25, 2010

all this beauty


there's so much beauty still on this tattered earth.

isn't that incredible?


purify my heart so that I never have to look away....

I've sung that. to Jesus. But maybe I don't mean it in the same way as the seraphim and the elders... maybe I mean that as I LIVE and enjoy life, purify my heart so that I never look away... wherever I look.

Whether shopping or baking or traveling or crying or talking or whatever... I'm looking into Jesus' eyes.

....~....~....

I've met revivalists who have never gazed at the moon. And artists who don't know why the F they're creating.

....~....~....



LOVE THIS VERSE:

For the earth will be filled with the KNOWLEDGE of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
~Habakkuk 2:14


It's the knowledge of the glory of God that's GOING to cover the earth.

His Glory is already there.

The earth is the LORD'S and everything in it, the earth and all who live in it. And the Spirit was hovering over the waters.



Imagine knowing the glory of God... and then discovering that He had knit your culture and tribe and tongue together from the beginning. Imagine seeing Love tenderly brush out the snarls that the devil tried to twist in. For God is not a God who abandons.



for God so loved the world

... do we? i've almost been trained to hate it.
whoops. how did that slip in?




Let's stop fragmenting and start reclaiming holy ground.

1 comment:

  1. mmm... been thinking about this post and not quite settled about it. Granted, I'm probably the ONLY one thinking about it, but all the more reason that I should add something.

    this could be twisted into pantheism. No, God's not IN everything... but in everything He is working for the good of those who love him.
    No, not everything glorifies God... but if pp don't, the rocks will cry out.

    It comes close to paradox, but we need the other side, the holiness that won't let us become callous and part of the world.

    I just hope that we'll be in and not of the world in an attitude of LOVE that transforms, not of fear of getting dirtied by the world.

    ReplyDelete